Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday October 20

Wednesday flew by.  I don't even remember much ...it was a blur.  I do know Zack gave me a really hard time about going to TAPS yesterday.   He insisted that he didn't have the group... he "knew for a fact" because the week prior he didn't go on a Wednesday.  Once I convinced him he did need to go, he was such a slow poke about getting ready it was aggravating.  I had to keep hounding him to get out of bed...then out of the shower..he kept saying "OK"...then not moving...then he just wouldn't speed it up.  He arrived to his group a half hour late. 

My husband's trip got canceled on Monday....but then rescheduled yesterday afternoon.  He flies out at noon today.  So I'm panicking about packing him up between running Penny to the groomer, getting Zack up and moving for his group - he is going today but not tomorrow - and then I need to go to Zack's doctor appointment today with him.  I don't even know what time that is scheduled for.  Somebody was going to contact me about it...but no call.

Lucy had a "band blast" concert last night.  I wasn't thrilled about going...the day was a busy blur and I was tired...it was dark, cold and rainy out...but once I was at the school, and saw her practicing with the percussion ensemble before the concert started, I was excited to be there.  Lucy is such a remarkable kid.

Earlier in the day I received an email from her - a rough draft of an email she will be sending out to parents of visually impaired kids in the school district regarding a charity she is going to start.   The state of Illinois is broke and one of the areas that will be suffering is funding of services for special needs kids.  Lucy knows she is blessed...we live in a nice area of Illinois and along with that we have a wealthy school district.  She has never gone without any services or technology she's needed....but that day may come....and there are towns and school districts not far from us where kids do not have access to necessary services and gadgets they need to succeed in school - and later in life.  Lucy is a go getter and wants to help wherever she can.  As I sat on the bleechers watching her so confidently on her marimba...using her graceful flowing arm movements she's been taught, and then arms moving so fast the mallets were a blur..and during some music playing the tambourine and dancing to the beat, I was so proud...and so moved by her strength and grace.  What a blessing she has been to me for 15 years.  I was so happy I dragged myself out into the dark and over to the school to see her shine.  And she did shine...she was amazing.

After the concert as we readied to leave, a grandma visiting from Minnesota sought Lucy out of the crowd to tell her she was "Wonderful" and that she "Couldn't take her eyes off of her the whole time".  She said her grandson is in the drum line (a big deal..our school has a fantastic drum line -one of the best in the state - some say number one- and it's a highly coveted position and we have a large 150 member band).  The grandma said her son was in a show band in college, and she told Lucy she looked like she belonged in a show band.  Lucy smiled and humbly accepted the compliments....I wanted to add  ..."And she is this great and blind".....I am so proud of that girl for what she's overcome and where she's headed.

Zack and Jojo stayed home...I was sorry Jo didn't come along..she missed a fantastic concert...but Jojo worked on her Halloween costume.  She is going to be an art teacher and she was busy decorating a pair of jeans with oil pastels and painting up a pallet. 

Something odd is going on with Zack.  I know...so what's new?..but it's very weird.  He's sort of over-happy...but happy all by himself.  I've heard him secretly giggling and snickering a lot.  My husband thought he was stoned last night...but there is no way he had access to street drugs.  He's been chained to the house.  Although...he has helped himself to things in our medicine cabinet.  Yesterday afternoon   I found an empty bottle of 150 10 mg antihistamine pills in the dryer when I took his laundry out.  To be fair, they could have - and probably did dissolve in the wash....but why was he even messing with them?  I bought them so long ago - don't even remember why...they're not something I'd normally use..I am sure there most of the pills were left.   I asked Zack about them and he conveniently "didn't remember" taking them...he insisted he took stomach meds... maybe he got confused.  I don't know.  He is such a conniver and liar. I don't know what these pills would do to him, either.  They were "non drowsy" but mixing meds with his strong prescriptions isn't a good idea.   Now apparently I need to hide the over the counter meds in this house so he doesn't poison himself accidentally or on purpose.

I'm concerned about that soccer team party next Friday.  Worried- but yet I have time to block it out of my mind.  I'll start panicking mid week, next week, while throwing it together...because it's going to happen...I just have to figure out what to do with our skeleton in the closet.  At least it's the season for skeletons.

To Be Continued.....

Halloween at our house 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment