Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday September 22

SHIT.  That's Lucy's acronym for today.  So Happy It's Thursday. 

Before 10 am I already had eight wonderful supportive friends text me, call me, and message me good luck with today.  I am feeling very blessed to have such considerate people in my life.  And I'm trying to get a grip.  Count my blessings....and the terrific friends I have....always there for me....I am so forever grateful.

Zack also called...he sounded pretty good.  Fingers crossed for that Lexapro....that it's doing its job and pulling him out of his depressive funk.  But the truth is, he's probably about as cheerful as he'll ever be, even if the Lexapro has done nothing, because he knows he's leaving that specialty hospital today....and coming home to his room.   He asked me if I could come to the hospital for a "family meeting" at 11.  Not sure what the purpose of that meeting is.. - but I'll be there and then he'll be coming home with me after.   

A hospital social worker called yesterday afternoon to ask me if it was alright that Zack be discharged today.   I told her that it's ok with me as long as the doctor thinks it's in Zack's best interest and feels comfortable with it..Dr T does.  We also have a follow up scheduled - not sure when - with Dr. M....and then Zack will be returning to his "Family Services" TAPS group daily.  That's the plan for now anyway..... day by day.

To Be Continued......

We're ready to have you join the family again, Zack!

No comments:

Post a Comment