Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday September 27

There haven't been a lot of changes here.  Zack's attitude seems more "up"...but that also includes him being more up to giving us grief.

On Sunday afternoon my husband asked Zack to clean the bathroom the three kids share. Zack's response to that request, "This is bull shit."...Zack didn't think it was fair that he was asked to do something....a chore to help out.  The kid does nothing productive in this house so I think having him clean the bathroom he spends so much time in seems appropriate.   I am constantly rinsing his dishes...loading his glasses into the dishwasher, cleaning up after he cooks, putting food away, picking up candy and cigar wrappers he leaves lying around, emptying soda cans he leaves half full on the kitchen counter, washing all the bath towels he uses, taking his laundry out of the dryer.... you name it... I do it....because he doesn't. 

My husband was also being a food watchdog over the weekend.  Zack's meds must make him crave food because his eating is absolutely out of control.  I spend over $350 a week on groceries and it's not enough.   Zack did not like being told to get out of the fridge....or that dinner will be ready in half an hour... don't snack now.....he wants what he wants when he wants it or he gets pissy with us. 

We had a little embarrassment, due to his new "up" attitude, when the neighbor kids were over.  It was about lunch time and Zack had his head stuck in the refrigerator, Jojo and her friends came down to make themselves something to eat - kind of caught Zack off guard when he popped out of the fridge.  He wasn't happy to see them in his space.  He got snarky with them.  I couldn't hear exactly what words were exchanged, but I recognized the nasty tone..and I felt uneasy....Zack wanted to be alone and he was making that clear.  Jojo walked out of the kitchen and I heard her say, "Come on guys, lets leave....."  I saw the discomfort on her face and I told the kids I'd preheat the oven for their frozen pizza.  

He started back at his TAPS group yesterday.  Not happily.....Today when I picked him up he wasn't very friendly with me.  I watched him walk out of the building with a strange expression on his face...he was listening to the voices.... I am so curious what they say to him.   I have been expecting a call from "Family Services" to let me know when his follow up doctor appointment will be....usually he sees Dr M on Thursdays.  I was disappointed to hear from Zack that he saw Dr. M today.  Nobody bothered to contact me...I would have been there.  I have no idea what was said about medication management, or follow ups....or his attitude...he certainly isn't going to share any issues with the doctor...like the fact that he is still psychotic.  I heard him talking to the mysterious friends in his mind quite loudly this afternoon.  I thought it was odd I was left out of the loop today.  A phone call to make tomorrow....

Zack is also being forced to keep his showering to one a day.  Our utility bills are hideous and we are all sick of him monopolizing the hot water and towels.  Yesterday he came home from his group and asked me if he could take a shower.....No.  But he said he has the "shakes".  Guilt....  Not sure that I believe anything he says anymore, really.   He plays on my sympathy....it used to work.

I have been out of the house a lot these past couple days between Jojo's activities and Lucy's.  Zack is home alone too much for my comfort.  Unsupervised.  I was at soccer yesterday and Lucy called me to let me know that Zack took a drive.  She tried to stop him...suggested that it wasn't such a good idea...but he sassed her and left.  He is an adult......

To Be Continued....

I wish we had Lady Tremaine living with us to supervise and boss my son around...
.....it would take a load off of me

No comments:

Post a Comment